Haven’t written here in a while. The reason? I’m drawing closer to being able to formally launch the physical side of my project.
To do that, I’ve said at the outset that I wanted a ten acre property. Preferably with a stream on it. If I can get that with a house and a few out-buildings, then so much the better, as this will allow space for the first generation FabLab, and other projects.
Yesterday, Jennifer and I went scouting, and found a (potential) candidate. Here are some of the photos taken from that little adventure. Some of them are blurry…apologies for that. The ones taken creekside had me standing on a treacherous bank, and a couple times, I nearly lost my footing.
If this turns out to be the place, I’ll have a more extensive collection of photos later on.
The property is well maintained for the first two acres or so, and then is quite overgrown, so we were unable to scout to the far end of the property. That will be an adventure for another time, when I’m properly equipped (machete, walking staff, and heavy gloves).
The house was built in 1950…needs some work, but nothing insurmountable. Garage with room for a tractor on the other side, and an extra storage building (the red one) to boot! That’ll be where FabLab 1.0 lives.
In the bit of exploring I DID do, I found some hidden gems. An old piece of farm equipment, a ruined bridge, and a small waterfall that the agent didn’t know was back there. Good stuff…can’t wait for the next expedition. 🙂
For now, here’s the preview: